1) What is your connection to Habitat for Humanity International?
2) How is Jimmy Carter involved with Habitat for Humanity?
3) How does the Habitat for Humanity program work?
4) What is the cost of a Habitat home?
5) How does Habitat Greater San Francisco obtain the land?
6) Are your homes green?
7) Who are the Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco partner families?
1) I’ve never held a hammer in my life; can I still work onsite?
2) How old do I have to be to work onsite?
At our construction sites, building blocks, and home and community facility repairs: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work at any of our construction sites, and at least 18 to work on roofs, scaffolding or use power tools. Minors must be accompanied by a chaperone. All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
At our ReStore: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work at our ReStore and each minor (under age 18) must be accompanied by a chaperone (over age 21). All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
At our park and community garden beautifications: Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to work at our park beautifications. Minors must be accompanied by a chaperone. All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
3) What days can I volunteer?
4) How do I sign up to volunteer as an individual?
Please visit our volunteer calendar, select the volunteer shift on the date in which you are interested, and click on the orange “sign up” button at the bottom of the shift description.
5) How do I sign up a group?
6) How far in advance do I need to schedule a group build day?
7) What is the maximum group size I can book?
Home Repair Maximum: 5
ReStore Maximum: 15
Park and Garden Events Maximum: 20
Community Facility Repair Maximum: 20
Building Blocks Events Maximum: 20
8) Can I come late / leave early?
9) How should I prepare for my shift?
10) Should I bring tools or equipment?
11) It's raining! What do I do?
12) Is there parking available for volunteers?
13) I have to cancel! What do I do?
14) Are there other ways to volunteer that aren’t on the volunteer calendar?
Yes. We could use the help of those with specialized skillsets. We are often in need of office volunteers who have administrative, data entry, and/or customer service skills. At the ReStore, we could use extra help from those with administrative, research/marketing, retail operations, and/or photography skills. If you have a special skillset that you would like to provide volunteer help with, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15) How do I get my volunteer hours verified?
16) How can I give my feedback?
1) Do you have a waitlist?
2) When is the next application meeting?
3) What is a "first-time homebuyer"?
4) What is "Homebuyer Readiness"?
5) What is sweat equity?
6) Can I rent a home from Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco?
7) Can I rent my house?
8) Can I sell my house?
9) How much do the houses cost?
10) How long does the process take?
1) What kind of vehicles can be donated?
2) How do I start the vehicle donation process?
Call toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online.
Provide the following information about the vehicle you wish to donate
Vehicle identification number (VIN)
Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
3) What if the vehicle is not running?
4) What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
5) What happens after my vehicle is picked up?