1) What is your connection to Habitat for Humanity International?
2) How is Jimmy Carter involved with Habitat for Humanity?
3) How does the Habitat for Humanity program work?
4) What is the cost of a Habitat home?
5) How does Habitat Greater San Francisco obtain the land?
6) Are your homes green?
7) Who are the Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco partner families?
1) I’ve never held a hammer in my life; can I still work onsite?
2) How old do I have to be to work onsite?
At our construction sites: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work at any of our construction sites, and at least 18 to work on roofs, scaffolding or use power tools. For each group of four minors (under age 18), there must be one adult (over age 21) present. All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
At our ReStore: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to work at our ReStore and each minor (under age 18) must be accompanied by a chaperone (over age 21). All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
At our park beautifications: Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to work at our park beautifications. For each group of four 14- and 15-year-olds, there must be one adult (over age 21) present. All volunteers under 18 must arrive onsite with a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
3) Are there volunteer information sessions? Do I need to attend?
4) Where are your volunteer sites?
5) What days can I volunteer?
6) How do I sign up to volunteer as an individual?
7) How do I sign up a group?
8) How far in advance do I need to schedule a group build day?
9) How many people can work onsite?
10) If my friend/co-worker/church already has a group reservation, what do I do?
11) How does the volunteer waitlist work?
12) How long is the build day?
13) Can I come late / leave early?
14) What time do I need to be onsite?
15) What should I wear?
16) What should I bring?
17) It's raining! What do I do?
18) Is there parking available for volunteers?
19) What can I expect when I arrive onsite?
20) Why do I have to sign a volunteer waiver?
21) What work will I be doing?
22) What does Habitat do to ensure my safety?
23) What about lunch?
24) I have to cancel! What do I do?
25) Is there a minimum commitment to volunteer?
26) How can I become a regular volunteer?
27) Are there other ways to volunteer that aren’t construction?
28) How do I get my volunteer hours verified?
29) How can I give my feedback?
1) Do you have a waitlist?
2) When is the next application meeting?
3) What is a "first-time homebuyer"?
4) What is "Homebuyer Readiness"?
5) What is sweat equity?
6) Can I rent a home from Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco?
7) Can I rent my house?
8) Can I sell my house?
9) How much do the houses cost?
10) How long does the process take?
1) What kind of vehicles can be donated?
2) How do I start the vehicle donation process?
Call toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online.
Provide the following information about the vehicle you wish to donate
Vehicle identification number (VIN)
Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle.
3) What if the vehicle is not running?
4) What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
5) What happens after my vehicle is picked up?